Detroit Wayne Mental Health Authority Strategic Planning Community Forum
If you would like to be involved in the strategic planning process please plan on joining us at the following Evening forum:
Salvation Army - Detroit Harbor Light
3737 Laeton St.
Detroit, Mi 48208
Dec 2nd: https://www.vceonline.org/2014-12-2-Developing-a-Strategic-Plan-for-Detroit-.id.2162.htm
DWMHA will meet with consumers, families, stakeholders and community partners to solicit feedback on our strategic plan. DWMHA will work with individuals interested in the status of mental health in Wayne County.
Activities will include:
- Reviewing DWMHA’s Mission, Vision and Guiding Principles
- Cataloguing DWMHA’s current functions and resources
- Identifying the system’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats
- Collect and use reliable data to achieve strategic goals
- Community Inclusion and Integration
- For years we have understood that individuals have wanted to live in more independent housing and have more employment opportunities. In order to meet the desired outcomes, this breakout session will focus on identifying innovative projects and develop action plans that are going to help reach these goals. In what way can the individual served be engaged in meeting their desired outcomes?
- Crisis Management & Response
- This session is an opportunity to re-imagine the way we access community and peer supports to prevent and handle crises and remove the need for restrictive care.
- Improving Practices
- This breakout session will help to identify programs and services that are beneficial to the community. And implement practices to ensure that valuable tools that meet the needs of persons served are established.
- Health and Safety
- This breakout session discusses overall strategies to promote wellness and safety in the community, adopting healthy behaviors and reducing harm in the delivery of care to consumers.
- Recovery Oriented System of Care
- This breakout session will focus on what we as a system, its partners and those served can do in cooperation to build a society that is inclusive and fully supports recovery.
- Integrated Care
- How do we coordinate our systems into one integrated service for persons with multiple problems and complex needs? Be prepared to discuss your thoughts and ideas on cross-systems integration.
- Operational Excellence
- How to do we balance, Cost, Quality and, Time? This session will be discussing organizational efficiency and effectiveness to ensure we get more "effective" dollars into services.