Important Prescription Drug Information -
Covering the cost of prescriptions just got a little easier with a list of resources that was just released.
RESOURCES FOR PRESCRIPTION SAVINGS
- Family Size: This program works with pharmacies to provide members with prices similar to those that large insurance companies and employers receive. All Food and Drug Administration-approved brand name and generic drugs are included in the program. Anyone is eligible for the free prescription card: people with and without insurance, plus those on Medicare or Medicaid. The card has no expiration date. familywize.org, 1-800-222-2818.
- GoodRx: This website and smartphone app compares prescription drug prices at pharmacies nationwide, so you can fill yours wherever it’s cheapest. Get pharmacy coupons and a free savings card that’ll help you get medication discounts at many U.S. pharmacies. goodrx.com, 1-888-799-2553.
- Needy Meds: This organization provides information on pharmaceutical and health care assistance programs.needymeds.org, 1-800-503-6897.
- Partnership for Prescription Assistance: This service helps people find the best public or private prescription assistance programs for discounted or free medications. pparx.org, 1-888-477-2669.
- Rx Assist: This site houses a comprehensive database of pharmaceutical assistance programs that may be able to provide you with discounted or free prescription medications. rxassist.org.
- Rx Hope: This group acts as an advocate to help you get your prescription medications for free or for a small co-payment. rxhope.com, 1-877-267-0517.
- Together RX Access: This free program helps reduce a percentage of medication costs for eligible members. Togetherrxaccess.com, 1-800-444-4106.